Greetings from VKMfanHuey!!!

Welcome to the Gingerology blog for the 1934 RKO film, Romance in Manhattan!!!

Ginger ...

Please note the 'menu' above, which has various information regarding the film; to the right (just below the Gingerology link) there are additional links regarding the film.

Please feel free to leave a comment with any general info, links, pics, or just to say hi!

...And be sure to check out our 'main' site, Gingerology - just click on the Ginger pic to the right. There you'll find a list of ALL of Ginger Rogers' films; click on any one, and you will be directed to a 'dedicated' blog about that film (not unlike this blog).

Keep It Gingery, y'all!

VKMfanHuey

---

Friday, April 11, 2014

Archive Post #2 - from Gingerology - originally posted September 18, 2012

...The 'Hair Scene' from R.I.M....

...well, again, this little sequence in 'Romance in Manhattan' was pretty dang awesome...when you 'freeze-frame', you catch a lot of great expressions you just don't catch when viewing at 12 frames/second... so, here's the batch of caps from that scene... I love these, y'all...












...nuff said...

...Well, heck, hard to believe a week has scooted by since the R.I.M. review was posted... as for what's happening in G-ology, of course, 'Roberta' is looming for review...well, that sounds like it's a BAD thing...obviously it's an awesome movie... but, we are plowing headlong into the 'prime' GandF films over the next 5-6 reviews, so there will be some gnashing of teeth and wringing of paws, regarding ranking these diamonds... we'll see how it all pans out.

The FilmBlogs are still out there...I really need to get hopping on them... at least I have a 'format' set for them now...the trouble is, ya have to set up that 'format' 75 or so times!!! Well, hey, blogging isn't for the faint of heart, eh? So, stay tuned...and, of course, ANY suggestions which you may have for ANY of the G-ology family of blogs would be MOST appreciated... just tack it onto one of the post comment areas...heck, this post would suffice...

Oh, another thing...for anyone out there who may have sent an e-mail under my old address (jwhuey67...), I have not been able to get into my 'box' there...my old computer has 'parted ways' with the internet, and thus outlook is severed as well... so, although I plan to get into the old e-mail via my cable provider to check out what I've missed (just in case a Nigerian Prince has endowed me with 50 million dollars or something...), if anyone out there wants or needs to contact me, please use my gmail address... vkmfanhuey@gmail.com (please don't tell that to anyone else - it's just our 'secret' :-] )

Well, hope the week has been good to y'all...I'll hunt down some Gingeryness to post by week's end - I need to do more posts of 'General Ginger'...a poll, maybe...heck, the 'trivia' posts are always cool... so my work is lined up, eh?

KIG, y'all!
Hu
---

3 comments:

  1. The screen-caps are so cool. For shooting fish in a barrel, you get good pics. I kept thinking as I was watching them over and over, what a chameleon VKM was. She has a look for every character from sultry to goofy :)
    I love the country girl style dress she is wearing too, perfect for doing the washing. Thanks for sharing them.

    And just so we are clear, that Nigerian Prince is MINE! hahaha
     

  2. I so knew you would post those screen caps from that part. She does look really pretty there, I REALLY love the dress she changes into.
    Good luck on the Filmblogs!!! It seems like a lot of work to do. And you can always use the pics that I find to add on them.

    It's so awesome in a couple of hours I'm going to the theater to see The Birds, and I cannot wait! It's gonna be cool seeing it on the big screen. TCM is presenting this cause it's Universal's 100th anniversary I believe.

    And yes you should do some trivia type thing or poll. I remember on the somewhat early days on here you did some posts that were trivia based.

    Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment